Thursday, July 24, 2014

My books are now available from other vendors


I know a number of you have been asking (some less patiently than others!) for me to make my books available from vendors other than Amazon.com, and in formats other than the latter's Kindle files.  Well, the day has come!  If you look in the sidebar, under four of my five books you'll now see buttons that'll take you to either Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, the Apple iBooks store, or Kobo, where you can buy them in the format of your choice.  My latest book, 'War To The Knife', is at present only available on Amazon.com, because it was launched in their KDP Select service.  When it comes out of that service after 90 days, I'll see about setting it up from the other vendors as well.  So, if you have a Nook or iPad or Kobo reader and want my books in your native file format, you can now buy them.

This is an experiment.  With Amazon's launch last week of its new Kindle Unlimited subscription library service, it may become financially imperative to return to an Amazon-only sales strategy (which, of course, is one of the reasons Amazon's launched KU in the first place - to lock in unique content that you can only access there).  I'd prefer not to do that, but it's a question of dollars and cents.  If I sell only a few copies each month at other vendor sites, while losing out heavily on the income from Kindle Unlimited (which is only available to authors if your books are exclusive to Amazon), I may have to drop Barnes & Noble, Apple and Kobo as vendors.  I guess we'll see how sales go on their sites, and take it from there.

If you have any problems ordering from those sites, please send me an e-mail (the address is in my blog profile) or leave a comment to this post, and I'll try to fix them as quickly as possible.  Thanks!

Peter

5 comments:

The Raving Prophet said...

ABOUT. BUGGERED. TIME.

Off to bn.com to stock my nook with your books.

Jselvy said...

I don't care where its released, I just need the next in the Maxwell Saga. Put the hit anywhere and I'll go there to get my fix Mr. Pusher Man.

Jefferson

Jon said...

Thanks! I already have all your currently published books, but will buy directly in Nook format on all the new ones.

Home on the Range said...

I'm halfway through War to the Knife and thoroughly enjoying it!

Give a hug to your bride for me and we'll see you soon.

Unknown said...

Kindle's fine:) I just finished Walls Wires Bars and Souls. I'll comment on Amazon for you, but I wanted to say here I found the book quite interesting. My hat is off to you, keeping a sense of optimism and your faith in the face of that sort of setting. God bless!