Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Hard at work


Not much time for blog posts tonight, I'm afraid - far too many other things to do. I'll post more in the morning. Meanwhile, to entertain you, here's the incomparable Karen Matheson and Capercaillie performing the beautiful Scottish ballad "Iain Ghlinn 'Cuaich". The lyrics may be found here, in both Gaelic and English.





Sean Connery once said of Karen Matheson that hers was "a throat surely touched by the hand of God".  One can see why . . .

Peter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peter,
What a lovely, lilting, haunting melody with lyrics to match. Breathtaking! Karen is very talented. I have seen her on PBS. If you like this genre, try "Celtic Thunder". Their first DVD is their best and it always brings me to tears. Thank you for sharing such a magical piece of music with us. "When Irish Eyes Are Crying"....

Anonymous said...

So haunting and peaceful, I couldn't understand a word, yet it filled my soul
with consolation and peace beyond the power of words to express. Baia danke.

xS3mdrvr