Sunday, June 12, 2011

Parapros . . . what???


I had to laugh out loud at the latest from Tanker, over at Mostly Cajun. He introduced me to a new word (to me): paraprosdokian. I knew of the concept, of course, but I didn't know it had a name. Here are some examples from his blog.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it’s still on my list.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Evening news is where they begin with "Good Evening", and then proceed to tell you why it isn’t.

I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.


There are many more at the link. Go read for a good laugh!





Peter

No comments: