Saturday, February 19, 2011

Painted trees???


The good people at the always-interesting Dark Roasted Blend have just published an article about an artist, Curtis Killorn.

Curtis tells us about his art: "I paint dead trees in bright colors in the mountains of Colorado as public art.




"Nature is already so beautiful and full of such depth and grace... and it is NOT my intention to mask or enhance it in any way. Much in the way that we paint each other's skin out in the desert, the intention is bring out the beauty which is already there.




"I have a 'thing' for trees and see the relationship between humans and trees to be an ever evolving idea which continues to inspire. The trees that I paint are long dead and weathered by hundreds of years. What I do is bring 'life' back to the tree in a completely new way. This tree which was once dead is now vibrantly alive to be noticed by all, no longer blending in with all the other dead trees."


There's more at the link, including many more photographs; and more can be found at the artist's Web site. I'm not sure I go along with his philosophy of life, but his work is certainly interesting! Recommended viewing.

Peter

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Those are startling and interesting! And an interesting philosophy too!