Friday, November 12, 2010

RIP, Dino de Laurentiis


I guess most of you will by now have learned of the death of Dino de Laurentiis, the famous film producer, at the age of 91. Fans of 'guy movies' all over the world will be saddened by the news, and are probably hoisting a beer or three in the general direction of his shade. He produced some of the most iconic 'guy movies' of the past half-century. To salute his passing, here are trailers from three of the best-known.

Conan the Barbarian:







Dune:







Army of Darkness:







We'll miss his masterly touch.

Peter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I'm in a minority, but I liked "Dune," both the theatrical and the long versions. Granted, I'd read the novel so I knew the background, but that was a darn good movie. Ah, Conan . . . Thud and blunder at their finest! :) Mr.De Laurentiis will be missed.
LittleRed1

WV: stoly. Has Blogger started doing ads as word verification?