Friday, November 12, 2010

Around the blogs


Here are a few highlights from other blogs over the past few days. First, please welcome Trillian to the blogosphere. She's a young Canadian lady whom I've met online in an IRC chat room we both frequent. Her first blog posts have been entertaining, thought-provoking and interesting. I predict a bright future for her.

Next, Breda puts up a picture of a rather weirdly decorated gun.




Follow the link above to her blog and click on the picture there for a larger view. She admits she has no idea what the artist might have wanted to say. I'm not much help - I can't figure it out myself, unless someone's trying to popularize pastel pistols! If you have any ideas, let her know in her Comments section.

Finally, JayG brings us the sorry tale of a favorite children's story that's fallen into the hands of the politically correct.



(Click the image for a larger, more readable view)



Jay comments: "For the sake of our culture, I hope it's parody; however the pessimist in me fears it is not." I fear the same, unfortunately. What the hell is the world coming to when a simple children's story, timeless in the lessons it teaches, is warped and twisted so far from its origins that it's no longer recognizable?

Sheesh! Or, as Jay would put it in one of his not infrequent IRC breakdowns, HATE RAGE HATE RAGE HATE RAGE HATE RAGE HATE RAGE!

Heaven preserve us from the politically correct . . .





Peter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I expect Trillian will see visitors today who she hasn't seen before, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of they become regular readers, too.

Jim