Thursday, February 11, 2010

Light blogging tonight


I apologize for the dearth of reading matter tonight: I've been working like a slave on domestic chores, and simply haven't had time for my usual perusal of the day's more interesting news.

To keep you amused, here's a video that made me goggle in amazement. How this skydiver managed to control his 'chute in that succession of maneuvers, I just don't know! He certainly is gutsy . . . I'd be scared stiff the darn thing would collapse on me, or I'd fall into it.









More blog posts tomorrow.

Peter

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

THAT is a VERY good understanding of physics... :-)

Anonymous said...

He's able to get away with that kind of maneuver because, technically, that's not a parachute at all - it's a crossbreed part kite-part flexible wing, of a type now used for "kite-surfing", "kite-buggying" and "kite-boarding", only larger. We see the "kite-surfing" variety pretty often now, down here on the beaches in southeastern North Carolina.

Pretty cool equipment - and he's obviously been practicing quite a bit with it!