Monday, December 7, 2009

Light blogging tonight


It's been a long, but rewarding day with Oleg. Miss D. and his other guests went to the Lane Motor Museum and other touristy destinations. I did another shopping run (it's amazing how a bachelor's kitchen and pantry supplies can't cope when he's deluged with four hungry guests!), then took a nap. Us convalescent types need to conserve our strength, after all!

This afternoon and evening Oleg's four guests tackled the ongoing project to clean up and organize his life. We began sorting out his ammo supplies. I think I boxed up well in excess of 20,000 rounds - and that's just .22 LR! We haven't really touched the centerfire ammo stocks yet. When we finish, everything should be in a box for its caliber, and Oleg will finally have an idea of just how much he has on hand. (We found three AR-15 receivers today that he didn't know he had!).

One can't blame Oleg, of course: as a much-in-demand photographer of weapons and associated gear, people keep on sending him things in his professional capacity. When his schedule is a bit hectic (which is most of the time), the piles of things awaiting attention can get a bit overwhelming! We're hoping to establish a system to help him keep track of everything.

I cooked up a mess of boudin in onion sauce, served over baked potatoes, which seemed to meet with the hungry throng's approval, then made a late-night run to Wal-Mart for baking and other supplies. I got back a few minutes ago. I'm pretty tired, so I'll end the day with this brief post, then hit the sack. Regular posting will resume tomorrow: I may put up a couple of items in the morning, otherwise it'll be tomorrow night.

Sleep well, y'all.

Peter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Argh! Why'd you have to go and mention boudin!? Makes it all the worse we can't get any of that fine stuff up here in Michigan unless we drive down to Louisiana and fetch it back, or else pay exorbitant shipping fees!

Excuse me, I have to wipe the drool off my keyboard. I start to salivate every time I see or hear the word boudin. :-)

chicopanther

Anonymous said...

I haven't checked the blog in a week or more, so I'll issue a belated welcome to Middle Tennessee!