Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Two important blogs


My online friend of long standing, Strings, is a member of BACA - Bikers Against Child Abuse. They do a great job of educating and mobilizing the biker community for this very important cause.

He's asked that I (and other bloggers) publicize the efforts of two blogs in particular. They're both trying to educate the public about the real menace and impact of this crime. In alphabetical order, they are:




I've had a look at both, and I find them powerfully moving and very useful. As a pastor and counselor, I've had to deal with the tragic consequences of child abuse on far too many occasions. In my book, there are few crimes as bad, and, I believe, none which will attract stronger reaction from the Almighty when we face His judgment. After all, didn't Jesus say (Matthew 18:2-7, bold print my emphasis):

Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.

Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!"


Both blogs are highly recommended reading. Thanks, Strings, for passing the word about them, and for all the good work you do with BACA. Strength to you, brother!

Peter

3 comments:

Strings said...

Thanks for posting the links, and the kind words!

Honestly, we (BACA) aren't the important ones: what's important is the kids. And honestly, our kids impress and shock me almost daily. That they can not only overcome, but thrive after what's happened to them is astounding. And I'm honored to be some small part of that...

Sues said...

Thank you so much for helping parents to learn about child predators and keeping their kids safe!

SMP said...

Thank you so much for this hat tip, Peter! I am so touched and grateful to have yet another voice on the side of the children. Thank you for your wise words and compassion!