Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kids and their follies


Two blog-friends of mine, Labrat of the Atomic Nerds and the Cranky Professor, have been discussing the antics of young children - and causing me to smile.

Labrat confesses to a juvenile act of delinquency when she escaped from her harness while her mother was shopping.

Some time later, the store owner (a gentleman my family had known for quite some time) noticed me bouncing around like a superball and led me back to mom. I wish I was old enough to either appreciate everything going on, or remember the expression on her face, or get a camera, or something, but I’m told she looked at me, looked at the leash, looked down the leash to where I had tied it off, and said something very unladylike that must be responsible for why I’m as warped today as I am.


Crankyprof, on the other hand, has a more maternal perspective on such things.

So, five minutes into the state of Rhode Island we stop to visit my great aunt. Bear “double-dog dares” Shark to jump off of her back deck — which is twelve damn FEET in the air.

We then got to tour the fabulous Hasbro Childrens Pediatric ED, in Providence, RI.

Guess who broke his foot in three places?
Further guess who is in a cast from tippy toes to hip?

Can you say, “f*** a doodle doo?” Because I certainly can.


Oh, dear . . .

Head on over to peruse both pieces. If the Atomic Nerds and Crankyprof aren't yet on your daily reading list, may I suggest it's time they were?



Peter

1 comment:

LabRat said...

Lord knows I hate to quibble when I'm getting sunshine so warmly blown across my nethers, but the harness escapee was my dearly beloved Stingray- my parents didn't use a leash, though it would have saved them a heart attack or two. ;)