Thursday, January 15, 2009

Your friendly neighborhood policemen at work!


I'm chuckling at a report from Germany.


Police officers in Mannheim had to roll up their sleeves and tend bar during a pub inspection on Wednesday evening when they discovered the waitress was too drunk to bill her customers, police said Thursday.

"The 38-year old woman was barely able to hold herself up and had somewhat slurred speech,” a statement said.

The woman’s blood alcohol content registered a stiff 0.31 percent when she submitted to a breathalizer test around 9 pm.

The waitress and her customers had so much to drink that none of them knew where to begin to tally the bill, forcing the officers to do the math, cash up and close shop a bit early.


I wonder if they were allowed to keep the tips?



Peter

4 comments:

Dustin said...

Why did you stop publishing a full feed?

Peter said...

Dustin, I'm not sure why that's changed. I'll check my Blogger settings, and post a query to their help desk. Thanks for the heads-up.

Anonymous said...

I hope that woman takes this as a clue to get some help- that BAL is well over "fatal" for a non-alcoholic.

Anonymous said...

...Or, okay, I could have been off by a digit, but that's still in "potentially fatal" territory. *sigh*