Saturday, August 30, 2008

Mexico going from bad to worse?


In early July I wrote about the danger from Mexican drug cartels - a danger now evident on the US side of the border, as well as in Mexico itself.

I note that the past couple of weeks have seen things get even worse. Two weekends ago more than 30 people were murdered in the Mexican state of Chihuahua; and today we learn that eleven decapitated bodies have been found outside the city of Merida on the Yucatan peninsula.

Friends and readers, allow me to assure you, I know what I'm talking about when I say that the present situation in Mexico holds grave dangers for the law-abiding citizens of the USA as well. I've worked in (both State and Federal) prison with many of the so-called "drug lords", and I know how utterly ruthless they are. If they can use violence, murder, torture and other tools to expand their influence, increase their profits, or eliminate rivals, they won't hesitate for a moment to do so.

I've never forgotten one "drug lord", whose name I won't mention. This . . . creature . . . ordered the kidnapping of the six-year-old daughter of a potential witness against him. His men, on his orders, brutally gang-raped her, then tortured her to death (as evidenced by the burn marks and scars on her body). Her corpse was then nailed, crucifixion-style, to the front door of the witness's house, with a note stuffed into her mouth, warning him that if he didn't want the same to happen to his wife and his other three children, he'd better forget what he'd witnessed.

He did, of course. Wouldn't you?

That's the mentality of the people who are ordering and carrying out these atrocities - and they're not going to let a minor legal quibble like an international border stop them. They've already carried out at least one "hit" in Arizona, and they've allegedly given their hit-men permission to operate in the USA from now onward.

If you live anywhere near the Mexican border, and/or in any city with a large Hispanic population, you're at risk. May I suggest you beef up your personal security accordingly?

Peter

No comments: