Sunday, February 16, 2014

The dreaded lurgy has me in thrall


I've been running a fever all evening, and took to my bed about 7 p.m.  Woke up shivering to beat the band, so I got up, had a glass of water, am now drinking a mug of hot tea, and I'll finish with a mug of Theraflu with an added shot of white rum before I head back to bed.  Guaranteed to help you sleep!

As a result, blogging will be sparse tonight.  I'll put up more posts in the morning.

(If you're wondering what 'the dreaded lurgy' means, it's from a famous Goon Show episode first broadcast in 1954, 'Lurgi Strikes Britain'.  It never fails to crack me up.  It seems insane to think that the show was broadcast 60 years ago . . . )

Peter

3 comments:

dance...dancetotheradio said...

The Goon Show is one of my favourite things.

Rev. Paul said...

Feel better quickly, my friend.

Knucklehead said...

I hope you are feeling better. I'm on the tail end of that thing. Stayed home Friday and by the time I finished the last phone call of the day at 5:30PM I was sitting there shivering like an old man! Went straight to bed. Gulped no end of water and plenty of hot tea. Spent most of Saturday in bed. Every joint hurt like I was an old arthritic. YEESH that one sucked. I'd like to tell myself I'm tougher than that but apparently not any more.