Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Anti-drug measures prove fruitful (sort of)


Drug smugglers are never short of ingenuity in ways to get their wares from the point of supply to the point of demand.  As a prison chaplain, I experienced at first hand how they'd exploit religious items, family and friends, the postal service, and even try to suborn or blackmail staff, to make their deliveries.  (I'll be writing about such things in my forthcoming memoir.)

I was therefore intrigued to see that a method of smuggling that was new to me had just been discovered by the authorities in Colombia.





Crafty, ingenious and meticulous . . . but that bust cost the smugglers almost US $60 million.  I knew fresh fruit was expensive, but that's ridiculous!





Peter

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

They don't give up do they? WOW!