Saturday, May 12, 2012

UPDATED: Of covers and parodies


(See update at bottom of article)


I'm sure that by now most readers are familiar with the cover on the latest issue of Time magazine, showing a toddler nursing at his mother's breast.  Many (including myself) think that it was completely inappropriate, but to each his own, I guess . . .

Needless to say, the cover has already begun to inspire parodies and imitations.  Here are a few that I've spotted so far, including what I think are their original sources.  If you find more, please post a link to them in Comments, so we can all enjoy them!

From The Mega Independent Post Dispatch blog:





SooperMexican sees it like this:





IOwnTheWorld's Big Fur Hat offers his perspective (with a second version at the link, too):





And, last but not least, The Looking Spoon weighs in:





(You'll find larger versions of the images at the links provided.)

I suspect Time (and President Obama) may come to regret its choice of cover by the time this is all over!





Peter

UPDATED TO ADD:  Rush Limbaugh and his team offer their take on the Time cover, and Slacktory offers a number of Photoshopped contributions.

5 comments:

Broken Andy said...

Excellent round up. The first is my favorite.

Old NFO said...

Yep, the first one IS the winner!

SiGraybeard said...

Now my wife and I both have to clean our monitors and keyboards.

Yeah, #1 is my fave, too.

Anonymous said...

That is not a toddler. That brat can walk, talk and use the toilet (At least it should judging from size).

That is not breastfeeding but shotacon breastfeeding incest fetish fodder.

Morris said...

Yep, definitely # 1 ftw.. :P