Friday, August 6, 2010

A cure for scanner-phobia?


A couple of days ago I posted an article about the retention of images of travelers who'd passed through body scanners set up to provide security at US buildings and airports. It seems others have thought about the problem of invasion of privacy, and one company's come up with what it clearly hopes will 'take off' (you should pardon the expression) as a solution.

Flying Pasties™ are meant to obscure your private parts when entering a typical airport scanner.




Available in four designs so you can keep your dignity in style. "Generic" Design now in stock - other styles arriving daily! (Have a suggestion for a design? E-mail us!)


You can find more information at the company's Web site. They're not paying me to promote their product, nor are they offering any 'freebies' - I just thought it was worth mentioning in the light of my earlier article.

Here's a brief video clip from the Wendy Williams Show last month about 'Flying Pasties'.







I'm not sure I'd buy them myself - although I'll certainly refuse to be scanned, and insist on a manual search - but for someone who doesn't want to be patted down either, these might offer an alternative . . . at least until the TSA bans them!

Peter

3 comments:

ShortWoman said...

Well, it would be too small to read if they had one saying "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT??" Perhaps ones that say "NO!"

ASM826 said...

I don't fly anymore. **ck 'em. I hope they all go broke.

OneRandomGuy said...

The airlines are taxpayer subsidized. The are too big to fail and will get your money whether or not you fly. If you think this is obnoxious, just wait till you get your own RFID tag and cameras installed in your home to prevent "domestic violence" or "seditious activities". Orwell was right, just a little off on his time line. The sad part is the amount of people who think this is a good idea.