Saturday, June 5, 2010

Science T-Shirt Jokes & Humor


This one's for the Atomic Nerds!

I came across a Web page that portrays science jokes and humor found on T-shirts from all over the place. It claims to have jokes from the disciplines of "Physics, Chemistry, Biology and more". Here are a few selections.


Physics

I'm reading a book on anti-gravity. I just can't put it down.

Avoid Quantum Entanglements.

Heisenberg may have been here.

Large Hadron Collider: One Ring to rule them all.


Chemistry

Chemistry Rule One: Never Lick The Spoon

I'm just one lab accident away from being a super villain

I've invented a universal solvent - now what do I keep it in?


Biology

With friends like you, who needs flesh-eating bacteria?

You! Out of the gene pool!

If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve


Astronomy

The universe is rushing from you at ever increasing speed. Here, try these breath mints.

Light years have less calories


Mathematics

Of course I have problems! I'm a mathematician!

Statistics: The discipline that proves the average human being has one testicle.


General

Facts without theory are trivia. Theory without facts is bullshit.

For every Ph.D. there is an equal and opposite Ph.D.

There are 2 kinds of scientific facts:
1. Those that support your point of view
2. Those that are very hard to interpret



There are more at the link. Good for a giggle, particularly if you know enough science to get some of the inside jokes (like the Large Hadron Collider example above).



Peter

2 comments:

LabRat said...

I actually have a shirt already with the "only outlaws will evolve" line.

As to the universal solvent one, it's more than just a funny line- check out Derek Lowe's Things I Won't Work With series. He's an organic chemist, and a lot of the entries in this series have to do with compounds that are so reactive they'll do things like set sand on fire.

Matt said...

"If at first you don't succeed, transform your data set" had me giggling helplessly for a good five minutes.