Monday, March 8, 2010

Body-surfing the wind


I've put up video clips of wingsuits before, but this one caps them all, I think. It's highlights of the jumps made by Phoenix-Fly during 2009.





Amazing stuff! I'm particularly intrigued by their low passes over rocky outcrops and hills. They must be able to judge their 'sink rate' to a nicety in order to be sure they'll have enough altitude to make it. One misjudgment, and they'll never make another!

I recommend watching the video clip in full-screen mode, if your monitor is sharp enough. It's pretty spectacular.

Peter

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inject? At home?
Hell, I hate going to the doctor's office ot hospital. There's too many sick people there.

"Vanity, thy name is woman . . ."
(Or metrosexual, to bring it up to date).

B Woodman
III-per

Crucis said...

My thought when I saw them dive into the overcast and clouds was, "Cloud have rocks in them!"

Wow!

Old NFO said...

Yep, Cumulo Granite tends to put an end to those 'close' jumps...