Tuesday, February 16, 2010

On the road


I've been on the road all day, so this brief post will have to do in place of the three or four I normally put up.

Miss D. and I spent Sunday and Monday evenings in Oklahoma City with two online friends known on IRC as Urso and OkieRhio. Today we drove through Oklahoma, into Texas to Amarillo, then up through another bit of Oklahoma into southern Colorado to visit with Farmgirl and her family. We've just wound up a very pleasant supper together with her, FarmMom and Farmdad, swapping stories about wild animals and idiot tourists in Alaska (Miss D.), Africa (yours truly) and Colorado (the FarmFamily). Basically, we've concluded that wild animals have to eat, and idiot tourists are fair game wherever they are.

Tomorrow Miss D. and I will be visiting the Farm and exploring a little of the surrounding countryside. On Thursday we head South and East, to spend a couple of days with Lawdog and Phlegm in Texas. We'll be back home by Sunday, God willing and weather permitting.

I'm afraid I just haven't had time for my usual posts tonight, but I'll try to make up for it tomorrow.

Peter

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Enjoy the trip Peter! Say hi to all for me :-)

Unknown said...

Like the bumper sticker says, "If it's tourist season why aren't we allowed to hunt them?"