Monday, March 16, 2009

I bet he wishes he'd taken Sunday as a day of rest . . .


A wannabe burglar in Evansville, Indiana, is feeling rather sad and sorry for himself right about now, I should think.

Evansville police said it all started at 5:00 Sunday morning when 26-year-old Derek Shaun Clark kicked in the door of Derrick Murray's home on East Riverside Drive.

Police said the suspect entered the home and told the victim he was police.

Murray said he could tell from the tone of his voice something wasn't right.

"They were talking in street slang, so I ran to my bedroom to get my rifle and as he came in with his hand-gun drawn I, I just fired at him," Murray said.

Police said Clark stumbled out of the house leaving a trail of blood behind him.

He attempted to get in his get-away car, but neighbors said he never made it inside.

"The white car was parked in front of my house and they backed up and ran over him and then he backed up and then they backed up into the alley and into him again," Vessels said. "Then, they took off."

. . .

Still shaken up, Murray said he's here to stay, and also said if those crooks come back, they better beware.

"I think a family man is the most dangerous person because they've got more to lose like I do," Murray said.

Clark is in intensive care at St. Mary's.


More at the link.

Isn't it nice when bad things happen to bad people?



Peter

No comments: