Saturday, January 5, 2008

Have they thought this one through?


I saw a headline yesterday that made me pause: "Monkeys To Get 'Insane' Laser Treatment". It made me wonder, so I read further.

It seems that "unemployed youths will be paid to sterilize wild monkeys in India with lasers after a series of attacks on humans". The youths will be "provided training in capturing and (laser) sterilization by the experts".

Errrr . . .

Ummmm . . .

Guys, have you really thought this one through?

Do you realize that you're going to have "unemployed youths" (presumably teenagers) running around your cities and towns . . .

Equipped with lasers . . .

And trained to use them to perform sterilization procedures?

WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING???

HAVE YOU GONE MAD???

Don't you have enough problems with bored, idle teenagers without equipping them with LASERS and training them to use them to CASTRATE???

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK

THEY'LL LIMIT THEMSELVES

TO MONKEYS???

You know, this might be the end of civilization as we know it in the state of Himachal Pradesh, India . . .

Peter

7 comments:

Assrot said...

Maybe once they finish in India they will move on to the Middle East and clean up the gene pool a little. Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan would all be good places to start. And I don't mean on the monkees either.

If there are monkees in the Middle East, they are probably the most intelligent thing living there.

:-)
Joe

HollyB said...

Oh, Peter, after I stopped chokin' on my coke I was able to clean off the monitor screen. This one really should come with a Class II beverage alert.

Ambulance Driver said...

To paraphrase Dr. Evil, "All I want is some frickin' teenagers with frickin' laser beams strapped to their heads! Is that too much to ask?"

Anonymous said...

I recall somebody somewhere saying "why don't they just shoot the monkeys"... well, that's India. They wouldn't want to come over here and hire a bunch of redneck kids with 10/22's to narrow down the monkey gene pool, so they hire/train a bunch of bored kids who have no concept. I don't know...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

'Bout time you started. At least I didn't have to spend days and days reading past entries to get up to date! Lawdog's recommendation is spot on.

As for this entry- OMG! Can I say "unintended consequences?" LMAO!

Anonymous said...

And that would be so terrible how?